
That's right everybody. If you have an inquiry, this water bottle is ready to satify your thirst for knowledge. My question- what exactly does it mean to satify? Is that like when you sat on someone? Or an event scheduled for Saturday? Perhaps it indicated depression, but I think that would be sad-ify. Actually, it was quite sadifying to me to have this spelling blunder discovered by Richard. I had been obliviously using this water bottle for months.
And who is it that is willing to mass produce and distribute embarrassingly misspelled bottles? That's the best part- The Memphis Public Library System. Honestly, do I laugh or cry?
Laugh! I hope they got a million phone calls over this one . . . but I bet they didn't.
ReplyDeleteToo funny! I would most definately laugh! Were they free? If so, that is probably why! ha ha!
ReplyDeleteHow funny - I am always catching typos in the HSV times & Madison Spirit and just shake my head. I also laugh every time I hear someone has pleaded (sounds like lead like you lead a horse to water) versus plead (like pencil lead)
ReplyDeleteI wonder if Jay Leno would use that on his show. I know it's not a newspaper headline that's spelled incorrectly or badly worded, but its a bit the same, huh? I actually miss the Memphis Library. They had fun story times...well sometimes. We don't have that here.
ReplyDeleteMade in China!
ReplyDeleteI have this friend who is living in China and it is HILARIOUS to see the English signs and slogans that they constantly misspell or misinterpret.
I think it's hilarious that you didn't notice ;)
I'm glad I found your blog. Love your cartoon header!
ReplyDelete