(ummm, actually, I do believe this is exactly what our dinner-times look like....)
Helen: I can't believe you don't want to go to your own son's graduation.
Bob: It's not a graduation. He is moving from the 4th grade to the 5th grade.
Helen: It's a ceremony!
Bob: It's crazy! They keep creating new ways to celebrate mediocrity, but if someone is genuinely exceptional...
My little man graduated from pre-school. sniff. He's moving from the pre's to the real world: the elementary school, Kindergarten, bus riding with Hannah, lunch in the cafeteria, napping on the floor (okay, he already does that one), spelling, reading, algebra, astro-physics. sniff. where has the time gone?
This little one:
Is now all growed-up:


And what a CUTE graduate he is! :)
ReplyDeleteI love the baby photo! I will miss him!
ReplyDeleteMediocrity nothing! I think it's a manifestation of good work (despite the fact that my husband repeated just that conversation you posted at our daughters Pre-K graduation).
ReplyDeleteSo cute!
ReplyDelete