Sleep is a fickle thing. Some people, like me (and my father, and brother Tim), have difficulty falling asleep. And as righteous as the "we do not negotiate with insomnia" stance sounds, there comes a point in the middle of the night when you start bargaining:
Sleepy me: Okay, one glass of milk and a chapter of the Aeneid in latin and then we go to sleep. That's the boring-est thing I can think of.
Awake me: It's been years since you translated the Aeneid. This could get interesting. It could take hours.
Sleepy me: I'll throw in a handful of vanilla wafers if you just give me 3 solid hours of sleep before the kids get up... please...
Awake me: Deal. Grab your latin-english dictionary; this translation's gonna be hilarious in the morning...
Then there's the other people (like my youngest brother Brian or my dear, sweet husband) (or the entire Moore family, for that matter) who can fall asleep instantly. effortlessly. accidentally.
Josh has inherited the sleep gene, bless his little heart. He recently graduated to the toddler bed, and he loves it, because he can play and play and play and then BAM! He's asleep:
Poor little guy. He didn't even make it all the way into bed before super-sleep got him.
Paraphonie
6 years ago


I love this! We have pics of both our older girls in these same positions on their little beds. hehe too cute!
ReplyDeleteLOL This reminds me of the picture I took of Zach at the same age, laying halfway on the footrest of our recliner, his long, skinny legs dangling off, zonked out! So cute!!!
ReplyDeleteOh, that Josh is just too adorable. Gotta love that sleep gene.
ReplyDeletethat is too funny and I love his little fingers in his mouth =)
ReplyDeleteThat's a sleepy boy - too cute! - JNew
ReplyDeleteOh I love a sleeping baby.
ReplyDelete