(edit: Richard's post)
Sam has written a book. It is a true literary innovation. Even at 5 years of age, he has managed to see a component that nearly all children's and adult books have in common: they let the reader know what the story is about. While this technique cheaply satisfies the reader's desire to know "what's going on" or "why I'm wasting my time reading this book anyway", Sam's method opens a new world for literary exploration.
I've scanned the manuscript and will share it here. The first literary breath of fresh air comes on the title page:
Genius.
The master realized that titles only limit the scope of a book and taint the reader's mind with notions about the book's contents before they could hope to know anything about it. His title is coy, but enticing. It draws the reader in. Now the story begins:
From the first page there is action. But what is happening, exactly? This young author doesn't spoon feed you anything. Two figures are clearly involved in some struggle; one with nervous gritting teeth, while the other wears a cocky grin. But what kind of struggle? A wizardly duel? A game of jump rope gone awry? Ping pong with a lighting bolt?
Let us partake of more:
What's that? A BLACKHOLE?!?!? But our young hero is holding a balloon, showing that there was mirth but moments ago. Any number of events could have led us from the opening duel to this hopeless scene of destruction. The significance of man versus man struggles suddenly are dwarfed by the magnitude of the man versus nature battle now placed before us. Where will this lead?
And there it is. The final page. So much has happened! The two former foes have reconciled their differences to combine their strengths to support humanity. Our hero remains, spaghettified though he is from his black hole battle. Even in this moment of joy, Sam gives a nod to the darker side with his clever way to indicate the story's end:
"DEAD"
So true. All human struggles end in death, but Sam has shown us the excitement of watching man battle his mortality directly as if in the Roman Coliseum. This young author's novella leaves me exhausted, having pulled me ruthlessly through the emotions and questions that I always fear to explore on my own. I will wait breathlessly for the next opus from this young literary luminary.
Paraphonie
6 years ago




Okay, I thought you were serious and I could get some help getting Ranoah's work published.... but, alas, this was not what I expected. But it was still worth reading! Great job, Sam!!
ReplyDeleteOh, delightful! So very delightful. When will it be on Amazon? ;)
ReplyDelete