Wednesday, August 18, 2010

I know. It can be confusing.

We're all in the van driving to the grocery store when Sam asks:

Sam: Mom, is nineteen a different number?
Sarah: ummmmm....y-es...?
Sam: Oh.  okay.
Josh: AaaaaaaAAAA.
Hannah: Sam, I'm confused.  What do you mean?!
Sam:  I mean, is nineteen a different number!  *patronizing tone* Like, is it odd, or something.
Sarah: *laughing* Okay, yeah, then nineteen is definitely odd.  And I love you.
Hannah: I can count by two's all the way to 100!

And just to prove Hannah can be funny, too:

At the dinner table:
Sam: Mom, can I play Lego Star Wars, pleeeeease?
Hannah: *prophetically* For boys, Star Wars is their destiny.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the laugh. What a great way to start the day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your kidisms always put a smile on my face as well!! That is hilarious!

    And yes.... Star Wars is my boy's destiny as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I needed that smile this morning! Thanks. Star Wars is EVERYONE's destiny...isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I miss the AaaaaaAAA. It's lonely without the kids building caves, yelling to go swimming or begging to play video games. Lonely but relaxing.

    ReplyDelete