Monday, August 9, 2010

School days, Drool days...dum dee dum dee doo Days...

MY BABY WENT TO KINDERGARTEN THIS MORNING AND LEFT ME CRYING!!
BWAAA HAA HAAAAA!

But enough about me.

Sam is so excited to be an official "big boy" and go to school with his sister.  They are best buddies:


Hannah made me so proud. She is taking care to explain all the rules to Sam, telling him all the things that might happen and how to best cope, and where the restrooms are, and how to check books out of the library, and everything about the lunchroom and the particulars of nap-time,(you sleep on the floor, not on your desk like you might expect). Sam listens patiently for about...25 seconds before his eyes glaze over. But today, Hannah told Sam he could sit next to her on the bus, just in case he didn't know anybody there.



To celebrate the first day of school, I made a cake for my kids! *beaming* Aren't I just the best mom ever?!


That was not what I had envisioned.  The cake in my head was just a little less, well...lame. (CakeWrecks, anyone?)  But the kids loved it anyway.  Yum!

7 comments:

  1. Such a good mom! I LOVE that Hannah was so thoughtful of her little brother! And of course that his eyes glazed over. ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey i thought you guys would love these cookies. With the addition of a couple of thigs you could make Darth Vader ice cream sandwiches or oreo cookies out of them.

    http://amandeleine.com/2010/08/03/join-the-dark-side/

    enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute mama you are!! I will be boohooing next year when carter goes, so you are not alone!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are such a cute mom! I can't believe our boys are in school now!! *Sniff*

    ReplyDelete
  5. How pleasant it is for a father to sit at his child's board. It is like an aged man reclining under the shadow of an oak which he has planted. ~Walter Scott

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh. I guess maybe I should have made something. I have to admit it never even crossed my mind. Ooops. Glad Hannah and Tyler are sharing a teacher this year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is NOT a lame cake! Did it taste yummy??? That's all that matters.
    That first picture is PRECIOUS!!

    ReplyDelete