Sunday, April 17, 2011

food, Food, FOOD!!

There are some people who claim that pregnant women don't really have food cravings. *rolls eyes*  That it's all just an elaborate excuse to eat whatever we want and send our husbands on ridiculous food-related missions. *shakes fist*  These people usually:

  • are men (boo!) and so...
  • have never, in fact, been pregnant and...
  • are not married to someone who is.

In other words, they don't know any better.  Fortunately, my husband is not one of these men.  He understands that I not only want, but I need chocolate to make a healthy baby.  He acts like the burgeoning size of my bottom is a really good thing.  And so when he returns from pricing different mulches at Home Depot and I ask:
"So what's the meat gonna cost?"
He just smiles and asks if I'd like to go to Five Guys for lunch.  whew!  would I ever!  How did he know?!?

________________________

Incidentally, Josh loves ketchup.  So much so that if you set a little cup of ketchup in front of him while he waits for his food (yes, at Five Guys) he will proceed to drink the ketchup.  Gross.  But true.  See for yourself:

8 comments:

  1. So glad you can enjoy your cravings. I had specific food for each of my kids. It's real. Keep on eating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. I don't think I have ever seen little man so content!

    Cravings!! Ummm, Yeah! Skylah was my worst. I hated anything sweet, and had to have any type of meat!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it is perfectly justified for a pregnant lady to punch these people. :) I am not a sweet lover usually, especially when pregnant, but I WANT avocados and meat this time around! So, Tys is a good sport and times the ripening of the avocado for me, when he buys them. So sweet! Are you sure that is ketchup and you aren't raising a vampire? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Food cravings are a reality! But I don't know that the ol' wives tales of gender connections ring true - I craved something different with each of my 3 girls. And you're looking fabulous! So eat up, and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. COULD JOSH BE THE CUTEST BABY IN THE ENTIRE WORLD???? COULD HE??

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you are feeling well enough to have some good cravings! OK, Josh is so dang cute, but the ketchup thing is totally gross!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So, completely unrelated but, you know how you have pictures of the other kids and you and Richard, I think you should have pictures of your baby girl as she grows. As in, YOUR BELLY!!

    That's just my opinion..

    Can't wait to see you all again!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I got up this morning, decided to be super productive, was checking the weather, saw your blog page was still up and have spent the last thirty minutes reading and laughing. My kids are all waiting for breakfast, but thanks Sarah, I really needed the laughs!

    ReplyDelete