Wednesday, April 14, 2010

While you were out of town...

Richard really doesn't like painting.  So we've come to a compromise:  I can paint as much as I want, just so long as he's out of town.  Everybody wins.  So when he left for the better part of a week, this is what I did-

That's the big ol' wall in our den.  It was already a chocolaty brown but I wanted to add some mint green to it.  Mmmm, ice cream anyone?  The neat-o part is that I used two different sheens of the same color, eggshell and semi-gloss.  So if you look at the wall straight on it looks plain, but from an angle you can see the checkerboard design.

No way Richard would have let me do this if he had been around.  he wasn't.  hee hee hee...

On an almost completely unrelated note, this is Josh eating devouring a nutrigrain bar.  Just seconds before we got the camera he was trying to shove the entire thing in his mouth.
Cute, huh?

9 comments:

  1. Sarah, I love the wall! Is it two colors or a finish over one? Very impressed! Grace inhales those bars too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh very cool wall.

    that baby is so cute, i tear open a pillow and eat its stuffing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun!! Always smart to do things before husbands can object. I applied a similar technique in my bedroom, stripes in the same color but a different finish. Delightfully subtle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is cute. And I L-O-V-E the wall!! I do the same thing when Shawn leaves town. He has never complained... well, except when he came home to a RED living room in Houston. Yeah, we learned soo after that we didn't like red rooms. Good thing our bedroom is "wine" colored instead! Great job!! Looks fantastic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great. I really can't appreciate the colors from the picture but I like the pattern and different finishes. Must have taken a LOT of tape to do that. Now I know what to do when Susie heads out on another sabbatical like last fall.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It turned out GREAT! Josh is adorable are nutirigrainy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Boy, I sure wish I could have seen you while I was out in Memphis, but your wall does look Fabulous, so I guess it's a toss up! When the cat's away, the mice will play. I don't mean to offend in any way,(just in case you don't like cats or mice :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow #1 that's beautiful!
    Wow #2 you did that with three kids while your husband was away???

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE your wall, can't wait to see it! Good for you for accomplishing that while DH was out of town!

    ReplyDelete