Monday, January 11, 2010

Cinderella may be trading in her glass slipper for tennis shoes.

And I couldn't be prouder.

Since Hannah's trusty old lunch box finally wheezed its last, I went to Wal-Mart today to get her a replacement.  I was torn.  Tinkerbell and flimsy, or blue and rugged?  After consulting Sam, I finally settled on Tinkerbell with a resigned sigh.

I needn't have sighed.  or resigned.  or consulted Sam, really, but I should have know that.

Sarah: Hannah, I got a new lunch box for you today!  (brandishing the pixie dust abomination) Ta-dah!
Hannah: Ewwwww.  Well, Mom, actually, I don't really like Tinkerbell.  She's kinda too girly. You see, I'm getting to be older and I like more cool boy stuff now.
Sarah: (trying to breathe past giddiness) Okay, no problem.  I'll trade it for the blue one.




Note: I fully acknowledge that while this type of 'growing-up' is exciting for me, my response will be different when Hannah announces she's "getting older and likes boys now."  v.e.r.y. different.

2 comments:

  1. cool boy stuff = WWF wrestlemania lunchbox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hannah Rules!!! She really is related to me! yay! she is getting so big.

    ReplyDelete