random? yes, but only the regular-type random for Sam. He's capable of greater leaps of illogic. I didn't laugh until he added, as an afterthought, "yeah mom, like those blue people that are cats? remember? I have the toy."
Blue people that are like cats? Ah, yes, thank you McDonalds:
Because what mother doesn't want her little boy to have a toy that is voice activated? I mean, this little treasure only lights up when you shout at it. Seriously- what hateful genius- a toy that encourages shouting- come on people!
No, Sam hasn't seen the movie Avatar, but Richard and I went a couple weeks ago and we really liked it. Definitely worth going to the theater and seeing it in 3-D. As my mom said, it's kinda like Star Wars meets Fern Gully:
"Where is the location of the Rebel Mother Tree?"
My only complaint? The valuable mineral, the whole reason the humans are exploiting this beautiful planet, the one worth approximately 20 kabillion dollars a pound, is called.....wait for it....Unobtainium. That's right- Un-Obtain-ium. Good job screenwriters, you managed to glance at a periodic table. Maybe you should have flipped through a thesaurus as well. We can only hope you were being ironic.

I choose to believe they were totally being tongue-in-cheek with the mineral name. Too funny!
ReplyDeleteThe Star Wars meets Ferngully picture is HYSTERICAL!!!
Your posts always make me smile. This movie is on my list to see. I can hope can't I?
ReplyDeleteHaven't seen it yet, but want to. I heard you get a little motion sickness from the hours of 3D.
ReplyDeleteSo glad to hear my kids aren't the only ones who form random, illogical run on sentences.